EUR 18 million for implementing green innovation projects on the Bulgarian market under the ‘Business Development, Innovations and SMEs’ Programme, operated by Innovation Norway. The Programme is divided into 2 funding streams:
- large grants scheme: total budget EUR 16.2 million.
- small grants scheme: EUR 1.7 million
Large enterprises and SMEs can get EUR 200 000 – EUR 1 million under the Large Scheme. SMEs can get EUR 50 000 – EUR 200 000 under the small scheme. Funding intensities of up to 70%. NGOs also eligible as partners. Partnerships with Donor State organizations strongly encouraged.
Under the focus area – Green Industry Innovation – support will be provided for:
- Development, implementation and investment in innovative environmental friendly technologies
- Development of green products and services
- Development and implementation of “greener production processes”
- Training, awareness raising and verifications as a secondary activity related to the above activities
The projects must contribute directly to: innovative green technologies/processes/solutions developed and/or applied (new to the enterprise), green products or services commercialised (new to the market) and/or green jobs created.
Eligibility and funding conditions can vary depending on relevant aspects (profile of applicant or consortium, types of eligible activities, project location).
– Staff assigned to the project
– Travel and subsistence allowances for staff and volunteers
– Cost of new or second-hand equipment (special conditions apply)
– Costs of consumables and supplies
– Subcontracting to external suppliers
– Costs arising directly from requirements imposed by the project contracts
– Purchase of real estate (special conditions apply)
Partnerships are not mandatory, but Donor Partnership Projects are strongly encouraged.
The submission deadline for project proposals is 11 October 2018.