[updated on 28 February]
EUR 7.2 million is available as part of the Hydropower call ‘Increased capacity to deliver renewable energy’ under the Energy Programme in Romania, focus area – Renewable energy, financed by the EEA grants.
The objective of the Energy Programme is “Less carbon intensive energy and increased security of supply”. The Programme focuses on stimulating and developing the long-term cooperation between Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Romania.
The call under the Hydropower call is now open.
Funding intensities 10% – 90%. SMEs and Large enterprises can apply for funding from EUR 200k to EUR 2mil. Projects that include bilateral partners bringing added value are strongly encouraged. NGOs are eligible too.
The expected outcome of projects financed by this Call is increased renewable energy production.
Support for projects is available within the hydropower field for activities such as:
- – Refurbishment or renewal of existing, small or large, Hydro Power Plants (HPP) to increase the power generation capacity and production efficiency;
- – Construction of new Small Scale Hydro Power Plants (SSHPP) (<10MW installed capacity);
- – Activities to increase reservoir capacity for hydropower generation, as a secondary activity in a project;
- – Training of staff on using and maintenance of the equipment, provided by the supplier of the equipment, as an integrated part of an investment project.
Eligible expenses comprise:
– Staff assigned to the project; travel and subsistence;
– Cost of new or second-hand equipment (special conditions apply);
– Costs of consumables and supplies;
– Subcontracting: programme–specific expenses;
– Purchase of real estate and land (special conditions apply);
– Eligible indirect costs (15% – 25% flat rate).
For more details about the specific funding for the call, please read here.
The deadline for proposal submissions is 31 May 2021 (extended).
How can Winnovart help you
– if you would like to discuss a new project idea with us, don’t hesitate to fill in our funding readiness questionnaire. and we will come back with our independent feedback.
– Winnovart’s independent service options are designed to help you accelerate your access to this funding and navigate with confidence through the entire process of applying for, obtaining the grant and implementing your project successfully.
For more information on the Energy Programme in Romania, please read here. Additionally, for ongoing updates about the EEA & Norway grants, please get in touch with us, or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter.