EUR 27.1 million will be available for SMEs and Large enterprises via the Energy Programme in Romania, focus area Renewable Energy. The objective of the Energy Programme is “Less carbon intensive energy and increased security of supply”. The Programme focuses on stimulating and developing the long-term cooperation between Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Romania.
The funding for the Renewable Energy focus area is allocated under 4 calls:
- Call 1 – ‘Increased capacity to deliver renewable energy’ – Hydropower – EUR 7.5 million under the EEA Financial Mechanism
- Call 2 – ‘Increased capacity to deliver renewable energy’ – Geothermal – EUR 6.6 million under the EEA Financial Mechanism
- Call 3 – ‘Increased capacity to deliver renewable energy’ – Other Renewable Energy Sources (RES) – EUR 11 million under the Norwegian Financial Mechanism
- SGS-1 – Small Grants Scheme – ‘Hydropower, geothermal and other RES for SMEs and NGOs’ – EUR 2 million under the Norwegian Financial Mechanism
Funding intensities up to 90%. 2 funding streams available (under the 3 calls – Call 1, Call 2 and Call 3 – grants will be from EUR 200k to EUR 2 million and under the SGS-1 scheme from EUR 50k to EUR 200k). Projects that include bilateral partners bringing added value are strongly encouraged. NGOs are eligible too.
The expected outcome of projects financed by these Calls is Increased Renewable Energy production.
Eligible expenses comprise:
– staff assigned to the project
– travel and subsistence
– cost of new or second-hand equipment (special conditions apply)
– costs of consumables and supplies
– programme–specific expenses
– purchase of real estate and land (special conditions apply)
– eligible indirect costs (15% – 25% flat rate)
The deadline for proposal submissions is 14 March 2019.
For more information on the Energy Programme in Romania, please read here. Additionally, for ongoing updates about the EEA & Norway grants, please get in touch with us, or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and don‘t forget to subscribe to our regular updates.