EUR 13 million funding is available for Greek SMEs and large enterprises via the ‘Business Innovation Greece’ programme under the EEA & Norway grants – 2020 competition. The programme aims to support companies for development, innovation and commercialisation activities. The scheme is operated by Innovation Norway and supports the bilateral relations between the Donor states and Greece.
The second call for proposals, which is currently open, amounts to EUR 13 million. The focus areas of the funding programme are Green Industry Innovation, Blue Growth and ICT, under 2 project schemes:
– Individual Project Scheme for SMEs & Large Enterprises (over EUR 9,7 mil)
– Small Grant Scheme for SMEs (over EUR 3,3 mil)
Companies can apply for grants – EUR 50k-200k for small projects; EUR 200k-1.5 mil for larger projects.
Over the next few weeks, we will be rolling out a series of programme explainer – newsletters to make this funding scheme easier to digest by Greek companies. We will continuously update the list below.
For more details on the explainer series, please click on any of the links:
– series 1 on programme overview and eligible project areas
– series 2 on applicant eligibility requirements
– series 3 on project eligibility
– series 4 on funding conditions and aid categories
– series 5 on eligible expenses
– series 6 on evaluation and scoring of applications
– series 7 on structure of the application file
– series 8 on Bilateral partners
Open call deadline: 18 February 2021
Evaluation timeline (presented by the Fund Operator): 4-6 months from competition deadline.
More details about the programme and the second call for proposals are available here.
The first call of this programme took place in 2019. More details about the competition results from the first call are available here.