38 million euro to become available to Portuguese companies for business innovation projects during 2019-2020 under EEA&Norway grants. Based on the other similar programmes operated/ enabled by Innovation Norway: 75% of the budget is expected to go to SMEs; 2 funding streams (small projects for grants up to 200Keur, larger projects with grants up to 2Meur/ project); funding intensities up to 70%.
Innovation Norway has published updated information regarding the funding available for businesses on the Portuguese Market under the EEA&Norway grants 2014-2021.
The Blue Growth Innovation and SMEs Programme Portugal is a business development programme with the main objective of increasing value creation and sustainable growth in the Portuguese blue economy.
Programme Operator: Directorate General for Maritime Policy (DGPM)
Donor Programme Partners: Innovation Norway (lead)
Other Donor Programme Partners:
– The Norwegian Agency for International Cooperation and Quality Enhancement in Higher Education
– The Icelandic Centre for Research
– The Research Council of Norway.
Programme Budget: €38,000,000
Areas of Support and Programme Specifics
Areas of Support– There are three main programme areas:
Programme Area 1
Innovative technologies, processes and services; Sustainable business development; Greening of existing businesses and processes; Development and implementation of innovative products and services.
Programme Area 2
Research cooperation between donor and beneficiary countries. Research within the priority sectors and/or Programme areas of the EEA and Norway Grants or in other agreed areas. Application of research results. Participation and cooperation of beneficiary countries in the European Research Area (ERA).
Programme Area 3
Institutional cooperation at all levels of education between donor and beneficiary countries. Enhancing the quality and relevance of education and training in the beneficiary countries at all levels of education. Cooperation and partnerships between education, research and the world of work. Traineeships, apprenticeships and work placements. Professional development of teachers. Higher education student learning mobility and staff mobility between donor and beneficiary countries.
Programme Area Specifics:
– The Business Development, Innovation and SMEs Programme will seek to stimulate and develop long-term business cooperation between Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway on one hand, and Portugal on the other, based on business development and innovation. The Programme will focus on blue growth.
– Approximately 70% of the total programme budget shall be allocated to the programme area Business Development, Innovation and SMEs with a focus on blue growth.
– Approximately 30% of the total programme budget shall be allocated to component(s) addressing a) Research and b) Education, Scholarships, Apprenticeships and Youth Entrepreneurship.
– Cooperation between research institutions and SMEs in order to facilitate commercialization of innovative ideas, products and processes, shall be encouraged.
Calls for Proposals
The calls for proposals will relate to the following desired outcomes:
– Increased competitiveness for Portuguese enterprises within the focus area of Blue Growth
– Resource efficiency of enterprises in marine sector
– Enhanced performance of Portuguese research institutions
– Enhanced Education in marine and maritime issues
General information about the EEA&Norway grants in Portugal – http://www.winnovart.com/eea-norway-grants-more-than-eur-102-million-allocated-to-portugal/
Check out successful projects in Portugal under EEA&Norway grants 2009-2014 (the previous financial cycle).